[EP-tech] Conversion of images, videos into preview/thumbnail versions

Is it even possible to show image thumbnail previews of uploaded videos
and images in EPrints 3.3.12?

I use coversheets and the youtube-dl packages from the Baza, which
generates a thumbnail preview from PDFs or imports a screenshot from the
video on Youtube and adds a link to the video.

But if I upload actual image files or videos, the file is depicted with
and icon and no preview link is available.

I found some guides/plugins that promise to do this, but they all seem
to be targeting different, older versions of EPrints, and I haven't been
able to find recent ones.

Furthermore I would think that this was basic functionality that any
user would want, so I don't why this functionality shouldn't be
available "out the box".

This is the most recent document i have been able to find, but my
"eprints_render" does not include the lines, that are mentioned in the
guide, so I suspect is is targeting an older version.
http://wiki.eprints.org/w/How_to_Create_Cover_Images_in_EPrints_3

I also looked at PreviewPlus (only for older versions) and a few other links

Maybe my setup is wrong, but "epadmin test" shows "everything seems OK",
so any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Where should I
look, and how should I start.

Thank you all in advance!
--

*Med venlig hilsen/Best regards*