From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Sebastien Francois
Sent: 17 October 2013 12:53
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Patch suggestion: Form value of MetaField::Name fields having surrounding spaces stripped off

Hi Florian,

See https://github.com/eprints/eprints/issues/11 and its fix perhaps?

Could you also raise a ticket in github for your issue (if not fixed by the above patch) please?

Thanks!
Seb.

On 17/10/13 12:46, Florian Heß wrote:

Hi E-Prints developers,

if the user happens to leave trailing spaces in the name field, the
browse view would display the name once more and ignore that the name
already exists without trailing space. That's why the creator's browse
view accumulates doubles and maybe triples of names over time. So how
about stripping off accidentally input spaces so the repos browse views
- those generated of fields with freely entered values - are kept clean?

Please tell me if the patch will be applied officially in the next
version of EPrints, or if I am rather to use the fromform()-callback. In
my opinion, this issue isn't specific to our repository, hence ...

# in package MetaField::Name ...
# inspired from sub &MetaField::Multipart::form_value_basic
sub form_value_basic
{
         my( $self, $session, $basename ) = @_;

         my $value =
$self->EPrints::MetaField::Compound::form_value_basic( $session,
$basename );

         s{^\s+}{}, s{\s+$}{} for values %$value;

         return $value;
}

The patch has been roughly tested.

Kind regards,