[EP-tech] Re: enabling new field "eprint_contributors"

On Mon, 2013-04-29 at 15:56 -0400, Nault, Pierre wrote:
> Hi,
>

>                 I?m posting this one again to see if we can get any
> answer.
>

>                 I?ve just enable the field ?contributors?
> in /workflow/eprint/default.xml. The field is a combination of 3
> fields : contributors_type; contributors_name and contributors_id. In
> input area of the field  contributors_type, I have an error message :
> ?[pin missing : fieldname]?. Even with this error message, I still
> have access to the drop list of all types of contributors. Any idea
> where I can find or put the missing pin ?

As an admin, you should have an 'edit pages phrases' at the top of the
page. Clicking that should allow you to set the missing phrase.

> Also, I want the value of this field to be default to a certain value
> in the list of contributors type. I tried something in
> eprint_field_default.pl :
>

> $data->{contributor_type_typename} = "Thesis advisor";
>

> But It doesn?t work. How can I default the value of the field
> contributor_type_typename ?

Do you want to set this value in front of the user or is it ok to set
that only on write (i.e. if the user hasn't explicitly chosen a value,
then set it?)?

For the latter, you want to use eprint_fields_automatic.pl, with
something like (untested):

my @contributors = @{$eprint->value('contributors')};
foreach my $contributor (@contributors)
{
$contributor->{type} = 'advisor' if !
EPrints::Utils::is:set($contributor->{type});
}
$eprint->set_value('contributors', \@contributors);

To show a default in the workflow is more complex. I would use some
Javascript to modify the page when it's displayed ... because you need
to set the value only when the user has added a name, which means using
dynamic (not server-side) behaviour.

--
All the best,
Tim