[EP-tech] Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: IRStats 2 and data security

Clyde,

On 24/06/13 14:11, clyde.cerejo@id.uzh.ch wrote:
Hi Seb

Yes a user could be an IP Address. I suppose no other identifying information such as usernames etc are sent. Please correct me if Im wrong.

The IP of the request is kept in the 'access' database table. Nothing is sent.

As per what you say, only aggregates of country data is sent to the browser for rendering using the google component, which would mean that it is not possible to identify individual users. Please confirm. Then it would be probably be ok for us. However, I still need to discuss this internally.

That's correct. As I wrote earlier, the IP is converted to a country code (e.g. FR) and that is stored locally in one of IRStats2 database tables.

If you used a table (like the top 10 requesting countries) then the info is rendered outside Google altogether.

Seb.