[EP-tech] Re: IRStats 2 and data security

Hi Clyde,

The following Google Charts are used by IRStats2:

- Area Charts: https://google-developers.appspot.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/areachart
- Column Charts: https://google-developers.appspot.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/columnchart
- Combo Charts: https://google-developers.appspot.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/combochart
- Pie Charts: https://google-developers.appspot.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/piechart

These 4 have the same data policy (look at the bottom of each of the pages above):

Data Policy

All code and data are processed and rendered in the browser. No data is sent to any server.

- Geo Charts: https://google-developers.appspot.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/geochart

That one seems a bit more tricky: https://google-developers.appspot.com/maps/terms

Note that the Geo map can easily be replaced by a simple table which is rendered outside Google Charts. Anyway there's a known issue with EPrints 3.2 and EPrints 3.3 up to 3.3.9 which prevents the Geo Map to load successfully (clash with Prototype v1.7- fixed in 1.7.1).

The way the code generally works is this way:

- browser loads JS library from Google's servers: http://www.google.com/jsapi
- local JS code instantiates a Chart and feeds it data
- Chart renders data locally.

For info, tables and other bits of IRStats2 (exporters etc) are rendered outside Google Charts.

I hope this will help you.

Kind regards,
Seb.