[EP-tech] Re: Simple Repository deposit

On 07/05/13 14:56, David Kane wrote:
Hi Ian,

Yes.  It creates a single EPrints XML file, with base-64 encoded files embedded.

This can be added as a new EPrint then, using the CRUD API.  We never really paid much attention to SWORD for this.

This is, basically, a SWORD deposit (in truth): a POST deposit to a known delivery point.... all the rest of the SWORD stuff is about managing the interaction:

In SWORD 1.3, it was content negoitiation
In SWORD 2, its about CRUD
.... and the primary interest is still most likely to be *C*reate :)

.... but you have given me somewhere to look to make my own SWORD 2 importer, based on a .zip file -- for which I thank you!!

--

Ian Stuart.
EDINA,

http://edina.ac.uk/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.