[EP-tech] Re: registration & customization

mahesh kumar dijo [Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 11:26:18AM +0530]:
> Hi
>
> We are building a repository for online magazines for our university using
> EPrints. We are almost done with it and yet to register with
> roar.eprints.org. We are unable to customize the look of repository as
> expected.We are novices in coding. We are also ready with the reference
> website and its code as it is a free template available on net. Will
> eprints help us to customize the look and feel of our repository(like the
> reference website) after registering? Is that free of cost. Please let us
> know.

Hi Mahesh,

EPrints is completely free software, and is quite well
documented. Still, I strongly suggest you to get somebody with Perl
programming experience (it does not have to be too thorough, but at
least enough to understand the structure and ways).

EPrints has a good Wiki explaining how to customize the looks of your
site — Just as an example, you will note our site¹ looks quite
different from the "main" off-the-shelf EPrints. We did this
completely by following the "Branding" category in the Wiki², most
particularly, the "Branding: The next level" one.

You will see, though, that without some programming experience you
will feel you are doing black magic incantations. I suggest you to
seek a local knowledgeable person to aid you getting to the right
starting point.

¹ http://ru.iiec.unam.mx

² http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Category:Branding

³ http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Branding,_the_next_level