[EP-tech] Re: Password Encryption

EPrints internal authentication uses two methods. Older accounts will
use a Unix salted 'crypt', which is limited to 8 characters.

New accounts use a repeated SHA-with-salt.

You can see which method is being used by inspecting the 'password'
column in the 'user' table. See EPrints::Const 'CRYPT' constants for
what the numerical method value means.

If you want to authenticate against the EPrints database, take a look at
EPrints::Utils::crypt_equals.

/Tim.