From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk on behalf of Sebastien Francois
Sent: Wed 06/02/2013 15:24
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Cleaning database up

David,

I wouldn't change the userid field - this provides internal relations
between objects (e.g. eprint.userid etc). Updating that field everywhere
is a big task, and I'm not sure what you'd achieve by doing so.

If you need to add extra info to the user objects, simply add a new
field to the user dataset.

Seb.

On 06/02/13 15:17, David Whitehead wrote:
> Hi Seb,
>
> thanks for your help Seb you'v given me some great information about the API's. I just had one last question I wanted to ask you about the EPrint API's, once the database has been somewhat cleaned via the script, I am looking to change userid's into a different value for the university which makes more sense then the auto increment method, I have already written the ldap script and database file changes to do this but I need to modify the existing users already in the database to the same structure. Is there any Eprint API which would allow me to update a users userid and then trickle it down into their EPrints, saved searches, indexs etc?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> David Whitehead

The University of Lincoln - a top performer in student satisfaction, enjoying an unrivalled ascent through the University league tables, set in a dynamic, research rich and vibrant campus in the heart of a great historic student-friendly city.

The University may monitor email traffic data and content in accordance with its policies and English law. Further information can be found at: http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/legal.