[EP-tech] Re: Length of name honorific sub-field

On Thu, 2013-01-31 at 14:23 +0100, Florian Heß wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in order to store German honorific part of name like "Priv.-Doz. Dr." or
> "Dr. rer. nat." or even "Prof. Dr. Dr." we need a longer database field
> to store the thesis advisor's name, ten characters is just too short.
> Can we change that safely in a way that it survives the next EPrints or
> database scheme update, or recoveries?

Hi,

Which version of EPrints?

In 3.3.10+ I think you should be able to override the sub-parts in name
fields:
http://pastebin.com/qnU0Ay3N

(Repeat for each name instance ...)

You will need to *manually* update your database structure to increase
the column width.

Do you have some statistics on mean/max honorific lengths?

--
All the best,
Tim