[EP-tech] Re: SWORD2 in EPrints 3.3.10 doesn't accept METSDSpaceSIP packaging

This is a complicated situation, however I'll try and explain it clearly - shout if this doesn't make sense.

I have looked into this, and in particular into METSDSpaceSIP, because I use an extended version of that package for the Repository Junction Broker

EPrints 3.2 used SWORD 1.3 as the transport mechanism, and EPrints 3.3 uses SWORD 2.

The main differences between the two are covered here: http://oarepojunction.wordpress.com/2013/01/16/sword-1-3-vs-sword-2/

So, there are two things needed to make this work:

1) an importer package that understands METS and the epdcx data within the dmdSec in EPrints 3.3 (there isn't one), and 2) you need to change the mime-type of the data you are sending to match the mime-type that this new SWORD 2 importer picks up on.

This is on my to-do list, however there are a significant number of items before it.
More than happy to offer opinion, but no real code at this time.... sorry