[EP-tech] Re: Eprints-tech Digest, Vol 50, Issue 34

On 29/11/2012 20:48, Francisco Ralón  wrote:>
> Dear friends:
>
> We have a new server to which we plan to move our old repository.
> This one was in Fedora, but the new server is in Debian. We have
> these questions for which we have not found answers in the
> documents:
>
> 1.  	We have v. 3.3.1 in the new server.  We have stored some 645
> documents already (using Fedora).  Can they be exported somehow and
> then imported to the EPrints in the new server using Debian?
>
> 2.	Our main interest is saving those 645 documents as they are in
> order not to loose all the time and effort it took to create them in
>  the repository.

Dear Francisco

When you refer to Fedora do you mean the Red Hat Linux OS or the Fedora
Commons repository system?

In brief, there are lots of ways to do it. In my experience it is not
particularly difficult to create EPrints XML for any batch of documents
and import them into EPrints. The devil, as ever, is in the detail.

http://wiki.eprints.org/w/XML_Export_Format

Regards

Richard

--
Richard M. Davis
Manager, Digital Archives & Research Technologies

t: +44 (0) 20 7863 1350
m: +44 (0) 75 5194 7610
e: r.davis@ulcc.ac.uk
w: http://www.ulcc.ac.uk/
b: http://dablog.ulcc.ac.uk/
c: http://tinyurl.com/richardscalendar

*Save electrons* "When replying to a message, include enough original
material to be understood but no more." (RFC 1855)

The University of London is an exempt charity in England and Wales
and a charity registered in Scotland (reg. no. SC041194)