[EP-tech] Re: Date order of RSS feed

Hi Malcolm

I have finally managed to find the solution and it is pretty simple. I haven’t tried the plugin that you pointed out.

Like I had mentioned before that the data from the mysql database was correctly ordered but it only messed up when exporting to a file. So I looked up the RSS export file which should be located here (for Eprints 3.2) {path to your eprints installation}/eprints3/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Export. Look for the file RSS.pm for (RSS1.0). Find the line;

my $list = $opts{list}->reorder( "-datestamp" );

and change it to

my $list = $opts{list}->reorder( "-date" );

This will order the eprints by the date published. Restart your httpd service and all should be good.

I am using feed2js to pull staff publications from our repository to individual staff profiles on our university’s faculty websites.

Good luck.

Regards

Sheraaz Buksh

IT Officer

Office of the Pro-Vice Chancellor (Research & International)

Research Office

The University of the South Pacific

Laucala Campus, Suva, Fiji Islands

Ph: (679) 323 2316