[EP-tech] Re: IRStats, ChartDirector and license

On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 15:34 +0200, Ferruccio Zamuner wrote:
> Il 25/07/12 14.43, sf2 ha scritto:
>
> > I think you can download chartdirector without purchasing a licence:
> > http://www.advsofteng.com/download.html
> If it can be downloaded free doesn't mean that it's free.
>
> http://www.advsofteng.com/licensefaq.html
>
> "The ChartDirector Developer License grants the right to use the
> ChartDirector on one computer for any purpose (e.g., development and
> production)."
>
> And since IRStats distributes some of ChartDirector files, I would
> like to know if it has some sort of license to its distribution.

ChartDirector will show a banner on any unlicensed sites.

We (EPrints) bought a distribution license for use with EPrints
installations. We can give this license key to individual sites, on the
understanding that you will *only* use ChartDirector with EPrints.

Otherwise, the future ("IRStats 2") EPrints will use an open source
library/Google charts.

--
All the best,
Tim