[EP-tech] Re: How to customise Division listings

Hi John

As per your request. Our Eprint 3 is currently for in-campus access only:

Top-level
http://eprint.wou.edu.my/cgi/users/home?screen=Subject%3A%3AEdit

University Structure

http://eprint.wou.edu.my/cgi/users/home?screen=Subject%3A%3AEdit&dataobj=UA
Learning and Library Services

http://eprint.wou.edu.my/cgi/users/home?screen=Subject%3A%3AEdit&dataobj=LI

I'm not too good with programming language, but I'll try to understand the command line belows. Yes, you're right, I've done it incorrectly. I think I have actually deleted the University Structure and sub-divisions by clicking the Unlink and remove each of them.

Many thanks for your assistance and time to assist me on this.

Chew

>>> On Thursday, August 30, 2012 at 5:20 PM, in message <7154BCBB8909D642AE6F44CA713DBC20056B9EB630EB at HERMES7.ds.leeds.ac.uk>, John Salter <J.Salter at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:

Hi Chew,
Can you email me the URL of the page when you are editing the top-level of the subjects. It doesn't matter if I can not get to the server - the URL should be enough to help.
E.g.
Admin-> Edit Subjects: http://your.server.name/cgi/users/home?screen=Subject%3A%3AEdit
-> University Structure: http://your.server.name/cgi/users/home?screen=Subject%3A%3AEdit&dataobj=divisions
and
-> Library Services: http://your.server.name/....?

A fresh install of EPrints has two (if I remember correctly) default subject trees: 'Library of Congress' and 'University Structure'. I think what you have done is added items at the same level as these, instead of adding the divisions to the 'University Structure'.

In the eprint workflow (~/archives/[ARCHIVEID]/cfg/workflows/eprint/default.xml), you should be able to see a component like:
(Compare this with the 'subject' component in the workflow too).

If you look at the definition of the 'divisions' field in ~/archives/[ARCHIVEID]/cfg/cfg.d/eprint_fields.pl:
{
 name => 'divisions',
 type => 'subject',
 multiple => 1,
 top => 'divisions',
 browse_link => 'divisions',
},
the value of 'top' shows where in the subject tree (both divisions and subjects) it will render from. I suspect that you have added items alongside 'divisions' instead of beneath it.

If you want to see a fresh install of the EPrints, you can use http://demoprints.eprints.org - if you register, you can make yourself an admin and edit the subject tree on there too.