[EP-tech] Re: EPrints for Windows?

Title: [EP-tech] Re: EPrints for Windows?

From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk on behalf of Tim Brody
Sent: Fri 2/24/2012 10:36 AM
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: EPrints for Windows?

On Thu, 2012-02-23 at 17:10 +0100, Miklos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been quite interested in testing (and maybe using, if
> successful) EPrints for a large scientific international community (I
> have been running for free their web site and collective proceedings
> for 12 years now and wish to have a better infrastructure for the
> latter). However, as the platform I have to install it on is Windows,
> I am quite puzzled at not being able to find an adequate distribution:
>       * In the Wiki documenting how to install Eprints on Windows, it
>         says "This feature requires EPrints version 3.2.1".
>       * In the download section, there is a 2008 Eprints 3.0
>         installer, which is the most recent one listed there.
>       * A 2009 report from  Ball State University Libraries details
>         why this is obsolete and can't be installed.
>       * The enquiries I sent to email addresses found on the wiki
>         bounced.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a valid, working, distribution for
> Windows?

Hi,

I've added an .msi bundle to 3.3.8:
http://files.eprints.org/723/
You can always build your own, following the instructions here:
http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Creating_an_EPrints_MSI

Can you provide a link to that Ball State report?

That said, most people end up running a Linux-based virtual machine
under a Windows server. It tends to be less trouble, compared to trying
to get all of the dependencies working under Windows.

All the best,
Tim.

This electronic communication is governed by the terms and conditions at http://www.mun.ca/cc/policies/electronic_communications_disclaimer_2011.php