From: eprints-tech-request@ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech-request@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of David R Newman <drn@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Wednesday, 31 January 2024 at 13:54
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, zen zenitram <quickfire28@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] Eprints with Nginx Proxy Manager as Load Balancer

External email: if the sender or content looks suspicious, please click the Report Message icon, or forward it to report-phishing

Hi Zen,

It is difficult to debug an issue when you have a proxy sitting in front of your EPrints repository with no information about how that proxy has been configured.  However, I have taken a look at the Upload stage on my EPrints test repository running the latest version of EPrints and I can see a request that is locally blocked that relates to the iframe generated by _javascript_ to provide the upload progress*.  To avoid getting this blocked request (which may be causing your error message and upload issues) I would recommend commenting out the following line from EPRINTS_PATH/lib/static/_javascript_/auto/88_uploadmethod_file.js:

hidden_iframe.setAttribute( 'src', '#' );

So that it becomes:

// hidden_iframe.setAttribute( 'src', '#' );

This is on around line 314 for 88_uploadmethod_file.js.  Once you have done this you will need to hard reload (e.g. Ctrl+Shift+R) the Upload stage of the workflow in your web browser and this should update your main _javascript_ file.  Then try uploading a file again.  If this does not work do you get  the same error message.  If you get the same error message, it is worth taking a look at https://thesis.dlsud.edu.ph/_javascript_/auto-VERSION.js (substituting VERSION for you version, e.g. 3.4.5) to make sure this line above is now commented out there.  If it is not commented out, try using a private/incognito browser window to test this to try to avoid any caching of the old _javascript_.

Regards

David Newman

*This is a very ugly way of managing upload but was needed when the uploader was first written.  We plan to completely overhaul how the uploader works for the next major version of EPrints.