EPrints Technical Mailing List Archive

See the EPrints wiki for instructions on how to join this mailing list and related information.

Re: [EP-tech] Redirect loop

Hi Dan,

Are you talking about one of the Docker containers discussed in https://wiki.eprints.org/w/Installing_EPrints_using_Docker

Looking at the Docker compose file this is running Apache but only on HTTP.  Therefore there should be no HTTP to HTTPS redirect loop issues.   I would advise configuring your Traefik proxy to rewrite HTTPS requests to HTTP.  If it does that it should all work as all th request sent through to the container should be HTTP and nothing in the container itself to redirect to HTTPS.  However, I have not tested this, so I would advise testing the Docker container image without running it through a proxy and see that you do not get redirect loops with this.  If you do, the issue will be something other that an HTTP to HTTPS redirect issue.

It would also be useful to know which version of EPrints you are running as there have been some recent changes to how cookies work (in EPrints 3.4.5+), which could be the reason behind your issue.  Although you are presumably not using Shibboleth authentication, this thread may be relevant to your redirect issues:

https://www.eprints.org/eptech/msg09544.html

Regards

David Newman