EPrints Technical Mailing List Archive

See the EPrints wiki for instructions on how to join this mailing list and related information.

Re: [EP-tech] Admin menu display different from usually

Hi Agung,

This is due to broken _javascript_, so the contents of all three tabs are displayed at once.  It is worth opening the developer tab in your web browser and having a look at the console to see if there are any _javascript_ error messages.  One potential candidate if you have just installed EPrints 3.4.4 but are using the EPRINTS_PATH/flavours/pub_lib/inc from an old installation is that you will need to add the following line to EPRINTS_PATH/flavours/pub_lib/inc:

ingredients/prototypejs

This change between versions was to try to separate out the PrototypeJS _javascript_ library from other _javascript_ with the long term goal of making EPrints core codebase not dependent on any third-party _javascript_ library.  Before adding the line above to the inc file, if you have a modified codebase from the default 3.4.4 installation, make sure there is a prototypejs directory (that has sub-directories and _javascript_ files) under ingredients.

If your issue is not a missing prototypejs ingredient from your inc file, then if you include the _javascript_ error message you are seeing in the console of your web browser, I may be able to advise what you need to do to fix these errors.

Regards

David Newman