Re: [EP-tech] Subject: Error 1194 - 'Access' Table Issue - Repair Required?

Il 01/12/23 09:23, Noorhafizah Mohd Akil ha scritto:

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I do run the repair table for access, but it's now taking about 10 minutes and still not done yet. Is this ok?
image.png

Abolutely yes, you've 34772338 (34 millions) row in the table. Usually I use the mysqlrepair util but it is fine to use mysql repair command in mysql. Just let it run :-) It will takes several hours.

After the repair, you can save (dump) the content of the access table somewhere as backup and drop some million lines, I think this table is used by IRStats when processing stats. If you're ok with older IRStats processing you can drop the older (more than 1 year?) rows. Maybe someone else has other opinion about the access table.

An hint: you can run long running commands using "screen" (man screen), so the terminal can be detached and you can close the terminal without any problem. I usually use the -L option to log the output on a file to check how it is going. In this situation, if you feel it is a problem to have the terminal open for several hours, better to ask a unix/linux sysadmin what are the options. But I think it will finish in a couple of hours.

Appriciate it if you can share with me on how to do  the automysqlbackup as well?

*** Archive: https://www.eprints.org/tech.php/
*** EPrints community wiki: https://wiki.eprints.org/