From: eprints-tech-request@ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech-request@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Schallehn, Volker <volker.schallehn@ub.uni-muenchen.de>
Sent: 24 August 2023 11:54
To: 'eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk' <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Subject: [EP-tech] ORCID Support Advance: encoding

Hi all,

we have just installed he latest version of “orcid support advance” from github. It works so far, however the umlauts in the name of the institution defined in the z_orcid_support_advance.pl file under $c->{"plugins"}->{"Event::OrcidSync"}->{"params"}->{"affiliation"} are not correctly transferred to the Employment section of ORCID. The umlauts are correctly represented in ORCID only if the z_orcid_support_advance.pl file is saved in ANSI format. Is this a bug or a feature? We would be glad to receive any hints about this behaviour.

Thanks in advance

Volker Schallehn