[EP-tech] Secure Mails via SMTP/Mail Auth on EPrints

Dear all,

because of a enforced change to a Outlook / Office 365 mail server at our institution, SMTP-based mails out of our EPrints repo may soon see the end.

Has anybody a recipe how to configure mail within EPrints to use a Outlook / Office 365 mail server with some sort of authentication ?

E.g. for platform based on Open Journal Systems we do have the option to configure the following parameters:

Server name

Port

Auth mechanism (e.g. SSL, TLS)

Username (for central sender)

Password

Auth type (e.g RAM-MD5, LOGIN, PLAIN, XOAUTH2)

If OAUTH, client secret, id, token

default_envelope_sender

force_ default_envelope_sender

DMARC compliance