[EP-tech] Eprints 3.4.3: adding new options for editing items

Hello,

I have recently built an eprints repository, running eprints 3.4.3 on an Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS server with Maria DB 10.3.37. The repository is live.

Both the Librarian and myself are currently stumped by how to add options to a field such as Thesis Type or Thesis Name when editing an item.

If an option is added using "edit page phrases", then that change is reflected in archives/ARCHIVE_NAME/cfg/lang/en/phrases/zz_webcfg.xml, but no amount of reloading the configuration, rebuilding static pages, or restarting Apache, will cause that addition to be reflected in the webpage. By contrast, modifying an existing option works as expected.

My guess is that what is needed is a direct update to the database. I don't see an option for this through the eprints front end, but that's not a problem.

What I'd really like to know is what is best practice here? Is it a matter of updating the database along with editing the page phrase, or are there additional steps to take? Should such edits be made on a live repo at all, and if not, how do we toggle its live state?

Thanks and best regards,

Chris

Chris Halliwell  I  IT Manager
City & Guilds of London Art School, 124 Kennington Park Road, London SE11 4DJ
Charity Registration no. 1144708  I  Company no. 7817519
www.cityandguildsartschool.ac.uk