[EP-tech] Upgrading 3.3.16 to

--- Begin Message ---
Dear EPrints crowd,

I have been trying to upgrade a server running EPrints 3.3.16 under Ubuntu 14.04 to one that runs EPrints 3.4.4 under Ububtu 22.04.

I cloned the original machine (it’s a virtual server), stopped apache, moved the original archive as described in the notes at

    http://wiki.eprints.org/w/Upgrading_3.3.12%2B_to_3.4

and then bootstrapped my way up the Ubuntu LTS list to 22.4. I then followed the rest of the directions above and all appeared to go well, but when, as the eprints user, I do

   epadmin test mims3

where “mims3” is the name of my archive, I get

"Duplicate field name encountered: eprint.full_text_status”,

while if I try “epadmin upgrade mims3” i get

"Duplicate field name encountered: user.captcha”,

I’d be grateful for any advice about what has gone wrong and how to procede.

Thanks,
Mark

http://www.maths.manchester.ac.uk/~mrm/
(he, him, his)