[EP-tech] Searching URLs

we observe in our repo that only complete URLs can be searched in Url-type fields.

As far as I understand from the Metafield definition, text_index => 1, sql_index => 0, and default search behavior is "IN", so it should be possible to search also for single words of an URL or URLs truncated with %, or not?

Also, when I investigated the repository database tables, I see that the eprint__index table only contains complete URLs for an Url-type field. In addition, there is a limit in eprint__index for the ids column, which might hamper large repositories. The ids column data type is "text", which allows for 64K characters maximum. It stores the eprint ids (concatenated with a colon) for an indexed word. So a maximum of about 10K eprintids is possible for a word. Frequent words (which are not stopwords) may not be indexed completely …

Kind regards,

Martin

--

Dr. Martin Brändle