Re: [EP-tech] orcid support advance

--- Begin Message ---
Hi Tomasz,

sorry, it seems like my previous message was corrupted somehow.

Afaik you guessed correctly in your first message: As soon as a user connects to orcid.org, the plugin looks for existing author/editor entries where the value of the "id" field matches the user's email address. It then fills the orcid field of the author/editor with the user's orcid. [1] There should be no need to run an external script.

From there on the lookup script takes over. (Not sure, but I think there's even a trigger on saving eprints that goes the other way round: take each author/editor id, check if there is a user with that email address and if they have an orcid, put this into the id field of the author/editor.)

If I remember correctly, the names of users or authors/editors are irrelevant for this process. (People may change names, anyway. That's why we need an identifier such as orcid in the first place.)

Best regards
Dennis

[1] https://github.com/eprints/orcid_support_advance/issues/15
--
Dennis Müller, B.A.

Universität Mannheim
Universitätsbibliothek
Digitale Bibliotheksdienste | Schloss Schneckenhof West | 68131 Mannheim

Tel: +49 621 181-3023
E-Mail: dennis.mueller@uni-mannheim.de

Web: www.bib.uni-mannheim.de

--- End Message ---