Re: [EP-tech] Altmetric badge plugin

Hi Will and John

We could just use the referrer, which is the URL for the abstract page, to extract the EPrint ID and save having to pass another parameter.  Although anyone could set the referrer this is a little trickier than sending the EPrint ID.  I agree with Will that limiting lookups to DOIs/ISSNs are in eprint records in the repository is probably sufficient to deal with the bulk of abuse that the proxy to the Almetric API could be exposed.

Regards

David Newman