[EP-tech] OAI Harvester broken by new security

Hello all,

Hope everyone is doing well.

This isn't a specific EPrints problem, but as you all use EPrints there may be some experience...

We've had some security changes at the uni recently. Some of these result in us clicking buttons in EPrints and then we get taken to our IT Services security page. So far we've handled this by accessing via the university network (e.g. VPN).

This issue has now hit our OAI harvester. Specifically under "ListRecords" when we click the "Resume" button (https://livrepository.liverpool.ac.uk/cgi/oai2?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc). Currently the organisations that usually harvest our content are unable to. I have spoken with our IT Services team to find a solution. Has anybody else experienced similar issues at their organisations and are there any steps you think I can take to resolve it?

It doesn't help that I don't know how resumption tokens work. I assume they are stored in a database somewhere? Or a file? The other incidences of this in the repository occur when making changes to file metadata, though not EPrint record metadata.

Thanks,
James