[EP-tech] Plan S - exiftool - Embed license in metadata

Hi All,

Please tell me if there is a more appropriate place to ask this.

I have a couple more server upgrades to do, but after that I hope to move on to the Plan S work that is outstanding. Specifically the exiftool installation and setup for the following Plan S point (https://www.coalition-s.org/plan-s-practical-advice/#:~:text=Plan%20S%20requires%20that%20publishers,set%20up%20to%20facilitate%20this.):

"Machine-readable information on the Open Access status and the license embedded in the article, in a standard non-proprietary format."

I'm not really sure how to go about this, but I think I can bumble through it.

Does anybody have any strong opinions on the suitability of exiftool? Will the exiftool perl module be sufficient for this very specific use or am I better going for the non-Perl full version?

I do also have some questions around the "machine readable" part of this point, specifically for the mitigations for organisations that can't embed metadata in the files, but maybe this isn't the place for it (if anyone would like a talk about it outside of this list please email me!).

Thanks,
James