Re: [EP-tech] command line user delete?

Hi Herbert,

I am not aware of anyway of programmatically removing a user from the command line.  There is the EPRINTS_PATH/bin/toolbox that can do standard API like operations but only for eprints, documents and files, including delete in a way similar to how you may intend for these spurious users.  It may be possible to extend this but would need to be done with care.

I assume in your scenario they are unused user accounts with no eprints associated.  These would be safe to delete but those with eprints would need to have a mechanism for reassigning them or at least confirm the person using the command is happy for them to be deleted as well.  I think this is probably why there is no command line tool to do this, as it could be rather dangerous.

Regards

David Newman