Re: [EP-tech] indexcodes.txt CHECKSUM

Hi Tomasz,

I thought you should be able to do that with epadmin

/opt/eprints/bin/epadmin rehash <ARCHIVEID> <DOCID>

But this does something interesting but not particularly useful to your predicament.  I don't think there is any programmatic way to regenerated the hash for a file at the moment.

I can see you have generated a GitHub issue for this: https://github.com/eprints/eprints3.4/issues/201

I think this should be an epadmin command line option:

/opt/eprints3/bin/epadmin redo_hashes <archiveid> file <fileid1> <fileid2> ... - Regenerate hashes for all the file ID listed using the current hash type specified or default to md5 (maybe have a flag for the hash type)

/opt/eprints3/bin/epadmin redo_hashes <archiveid> document <docid> - Regenerate hashes for all the files associated with the document with docid. (Allow multiple docids to be specified).

/opt/eprints3/bin/epadmin redo_hashes <archiveid> eprint <eprintid> - Regenerate hashes for all the files associated with all documents associated with eprint with eprintid. (Allow multiple eprintids to be specified).

This is a bit like the redo_mime_type epadmin option but update the hash (and potentially hash_type) rather than the mime_type.

I have updated the GitHub issue to reflect this proposal.

Regards

David Newman