Re: [EP-tech] Question about "request a copy" option in eprints

Hi Angeliki,

I had a quick look at what I assume is the repository in question (edata.bham.ac.uk) and specifically at:

https://edata.bham.ac.uk/705/

This seems to meet your criteria of having open access documents/files.  I cannot see a "Request a copy" button on this page but I can see a "Copy" button that looks to copy the citation for the item to your local clipboard (like Ctrl+C when the citation is highlighted).  Specifically in this case:

Clark, Janine (2021) Research data supporting 'A comparative study of resilience in survivors of conflict-related sexual violence: New directions for transitional justice'.

I can see how there is potential for confusion between two buttons that both include the word "Copy" but maybe I am not looking at a suitable example, where this is happening.  The default behaviour for "Request a copy" usually requires 3 elements:

1. The item has attached documents (often data files in the case of research data repositories).

2. Those documents/files are not public.

3. The contact email address for the item is set with a valid email address.

It is possible that if you are see "Request a copy" on items that have unrestricted documents/files, the second of these requirements has been removed, most likely by accident.

Regards

David Newman