Re: [EP-tech] [EXTERNAL] Re: ORCID Support Plugin

Hi Wes,

I know that if you have the ORCID Support Advance plugin installed, it should grey out the creators ORCID field, so it can only be set if it is filled in from being associated with an existing creator in a live publication item.  If you only have the ORCID Support plugin installed, I think you should be able to manually add creators ORCIDs.

I have just tested this on what I believe to be the latest version of ORCID Support (without ORCID Support Advance being installed) and I was able to save an ORCID, even though I typed in an invalid number (0000-1111-2222-3333, has a checksum mismatch).  I also tested this by adding a creator through the autocompleter and then manually adding the ORCID and this worked fine as well.  This is using a modified autocompleter that looks up user records rather than names/ORCIDs of creators who are already listed against existing live publication items.  However, the autocompleter you use should not effect what gets saved, if you make changes after you use the autocompleter, these should not be affected.   If you can tell what autocomplete you are using, I may be better able to help debug this problem.  Otherwise, without being able to see someone trying to add creators (and ORCIDs) in real-time, it could be difficult to work out where the problem lies.

Regards

David Newmam