Re: [EP-tech] (no subject)

From that url, you can add or remove permission to user depend on your need.

from my experience I added a rule for the user so that they can't delete the items they have uploaded.

Thank you.

Regards,
Agung Prasetyo Wibowo

On Fri, Sep 3, 2021, 16:01 David R Newman via Eprints-tech <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

Hi Alex,

I am not exactly sure what you are asking here.  I assume the you have already set the user to be of type editor but you want to be able to add an additional permission.  Usually you will need to have a + at the start of the permission, so under the Roles box when editing a user's profile you should add something like:

+eprint/remove

to the first unused input box.  It can be quite difficult to figure out the correct string to use to enable a particular permission.  If you can describe what the user needs to be able to do, I can probably tell you the correct string for this permission.

If you are just trying to make a new user into an editor you just need to change the User Type to Editor when editing the users profile.  As you should be an admin.  If you click on the Admin link and then the Search users button in the Editorial Tools tab, you can search for the user whose profile you want to modify to make them into an editor.

Regards

David Newman