Re: [EP-tech] VIAF or ISNI integrations?

Hi Tomasz,

The only integration that I am aware of that relates to either ISNI or VIAF is that in theory you can set the disambiguated-organization-identifier for the ORCID Support Advance Bazaar plugin [1] with an organization's ISNI number.  However, after to trying to do this for one repository and a subsequent discussion with the ORCID team, I found that ISNI was not directly supported.  Therefore, I ended up using GRID to lookup their unique ID for disambiguated-organization-identifier [2].

I am assuming you are already aware of the ORCID Support plugins, which have authority records for contributors/creators.  However, presumably ORCID is not suitable for your purposes or you have a specific need to use ISNI or VIAF.

Regards

David Newman

[1] http://bazaar.eprints.org/1155/

[2] https://www.grid.ac/institutes