[EP-tech] Temporary user privilege

is it possible to give a submitter a temporary privilege to edit an item owned by another user? Any security objections? The privilege would be set and removed via a plugin. Or is it a silly question, because giving a temporary privilege would already require a admin privilege?

Background: During import via Crossref or PubMed, we check for duplicates in the archive and issue a warning, when the item is already available. Currently, the submitter has then the option to send a mail to the repo editors to ask to add his institute to the record. In order to reduce editors' workload, we would like that that the submitter can add the his/her institute to the item (owned by different submitter) via a button.

Or should we think the other way 'round: Assign ownership of the item temporarily to the current submitter?

Kind regards,

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Brändle