[EP-tech] Faceted Search with Elasticsearch in EPrints (on Github EprintsUG)

Dear all

finally, we are proud to offer you "The EPrints - Elasticsearch integration" developed at University of Zurich (UZH) by

    Martin Brändle - Data model, mapping and indexing methods, ESIndex plugin and ESadmin script
    Jens Witzel - React GUI, Search Proxy, Export Proxy

Features for the end user:

  •     full-fledged, fast and scalable search engine
  •     facets for drill-down of results
  •     hit-highlighting in results
  •     display of result snippets for abstract and fulltext. Depending on document security and user role, these are displayed or hidden
  •     extended query language using field aliases such as TI, AB, AU, KW and more
  •     autosuggest upon typing
  •     multilingual searches
  •     fully responsive for mobile view
  •     flexible export options

Features for the repository IT administrator:
  •     versatile data model, configurable to the needs of the repository
  •     ESadmin script for index creation, reindex, repair, and various other tasks
  •     automatic index updates using triggers
  •     blazing fast indexing (10x faster than Xapian on EPrints) and search
  •     high index security due to hosting of the index and its replicas on an Elasticsearch server. No file locks
  •     ES service and index can be hosted locally or via cloud service

Please visit

and feel free to give us a short feedback :-)

Note: We provide the software as is, with sufficient documentation for integration with other EPrints repositories. However, each repository has its individual data structure, which requires configuration, modification of the mapping and indexing methods and the GUI parts (facets) on your own. Please note that we are not able to provide any support. To learn about Elasticsearch, it is recommended to visit the Elasticsearch webinars or the Elasticsearch Engineering trainings.

Kind regards from Zürich
Dr. Martin Brändle, Jens Witzel - ZORA IT Team

--
Jens Witzel
Zentrale Informatik

mail:  jens.witzel@uzh.ch