The missing puzzle piece will be a lookup component in the upload section of the repository that tells the submitter: "Hey, there is a R&P contract available for this journal. Please check if article is covered and if you can upload the published PDF." Your database would be of great value for this (at least for UK libraries).

Cheers,

Martin

Inactive hide details for "James Kerwin via Eprints-tech" ---13/05/2021 16:14:13---CAUTION: This e-mail originated outside the "James Kerwin via Eprints-tech" ---13/05/2021 16:14:13---CAUTION: This e-mail originated outside the University of Southampton. Hi All,

Von: "James Kerwin via Eprints-tech" <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
An: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Datum: 13/05/2021 16:14
Betreff: [EP-tech] Red and Publish Table
Gesendet von: <eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk>

CAUTION: This e-mail originated outside the University of Southampton.
Hi All,

For once I offer something instead of asking for something.

I was tasked with gathering all of the journal info for those journals that are part of "read and publish" deals and create some sort of searchable table.

Here it is:

https://livrepository.liverpool.ac.uk/publishers.html

The hardest part, by far, has been the gathering of data. Lots of mini web scrapers etc. and far too much manual checking. To save somebody else the effort in future, the data I've found so far is here:

JSON: https://livrepository.liverpool.ac.uk/json/reformatted_json.txt
Tab Delimited (e.g. open in excel if you like): https://livrepository.liverpool.ac.uk/json/reformatted.txt

I used this to create the table:

https://datatables.net/examples/data_sources/ajax.html

Specifically using Ajax/JSON to store/access the table data.

This comes with no guarantee that the data is correct, but most of it is. If anybody wants to try making this and needs any help, let me know, although I anticipate this would be a breeze for many members on the list.

Thanks,
James*** Options: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/eprints-tech
*** Archive:
http://www.eprints.org/tech.php/