[EP-tech] OpenAIRE Export Plugin -

I have written a beta version of an export plugin for OpenAIRE, (Guidelines for Literature Repositories v4):

https://github.com/photomedia/EPrintsOpenAIRE

The current version of this exports the Mandatory fields, and some Recommended fields (Funders, Subject Keywords).

I have used this plugin to successfully validate our repository with OpenAIRE, and we are now harvested by OpenAIRE as a result.  This work was part of my participation in the Canadian Association of Research Libraries Open Repositories Working Group project with OpenAIRE Advance (https://www.carl-abrc.ca/advancing-research/institutional-repositories/open-repositories-working-group/openaire-project/?cn-reloaded=1

I am writing about this because ideally, I would like to see an OpenAIRE plugin hosted and maintained by eprintsug.  There is an "OpenAIRE Compliance" plugin already in eprintsug (https://github.com/eprintsug/openaire-compliance), but it seemed very out of date and not working in a way in which it would be compatible with the Guidelines for Literature Repositories V4 (https://openaire-guidelines-for-literature-repository-managers.readthedocs.io/en/v4.0.0/application_profile.html), so I didn't use it.

I am writing to see if my version of the plugin could/should be moved to eprintsug (and possibly merging anything useful from the older "compliance" plugin into it)?   I suppose that the next steps will include making a bazaar plugin for this, and perhaps moving some of the mappings into a CFG file, so that it is easier to tweak for local contexts.

Let me know your thoughts on that, thank you!

Tomasz

Tomasz Neugebauer
Digital Projects & Systems Development Librarian / Bibliothécaire des Projets Numériques & Développement de Systèmes
Library / Bibliothèque
Concordia University / Université Concordia

Tel. / Tél. 514-848-2424 ext. / poste 7738
Email / courriel:
tomasz.neugebauer@concordia.ca

www.concordia.ca/faculty/tomasz-neugebauer.html

Mailing address / adresse postale: 1455 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W., LB-540-03, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1M8
Street address / adresse municipale: 1400 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W., LB-540-03, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1M8

library.concordia.ca