[EP-tech] Antwort: Re: Faceted Search (EPrints goes ElasticSearch)

Dear Ajunk (Angung), dear Tech-Group

thanks a lot! You're invited to look & feel, test and provide us a short feedback on the feedback form available on https://www.zora.uzh.ch/fs.html

As Martin wrote, we're in beta-times. So it will need some time to fix a couple of issues. We're going to publish our work on git later this year. Please notice: we provide the code with lots of comments, but as-is, and without any support service on our part.

Let us tell you some additional words about how it work's behind the curtain:

In a nutshell, we use 3 components
- a new indexing process (4000 lines of code), client (trigger driven) and admin (full, partial) to set up and build the new index on our ES infrastructure.
- a proxy (cgi/plugin, 600 lines of code) hosted on our eprint repo to manage the credentials and add some repo stuff like phrases, language behaviour etc.
- the react GUI, taken from the elastic git project and customized for our requirements.

It was a hard way to do all the field mappings from eprints to elastic and to handle all the little user needs around. But all in all we're very happy to offer a modern and very fast search tool including facets, autosuggestion, highlighting and snippets. Did i mention, that's it's pretty fast on 150.000 publications? ;-)

Kind regards,

ZORA-IT (Martin Brändle, Jens Witzel)

--
Jens Witzel
Zentrale Informatik

mail:  jens.witzel@uzh.ch
phone: +41 44 63 56777
http://www.zi.uzh.ch

Inactive hide details for "Ajunk Pracetio via Eprints-tech" ---25.01.2021 14:07:29---CAUTION: This e-mail originated outside th"Ajunk Pracetio via Eprints-tech" ---25.01.2021 14:07:29---CAUTION: This e-mail originated outside the University of Southampton. Hi,