An: <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, "Phil Stacey" <phil@buildvoc.co.uk>
Von: "David R Newman via Eprints-tech"
Gesendet von:
Datum: 25.01.2021 10:39
Betreff: Re: [EP-tech] Help indexing phrases

Hi Phil,

Unfortunately, I don't think this is possible.  I think you would need to create a new field that is an id multiple field and use this.  You could probably write a script to map from the uncontrolled keywords field into this new multiple id field.  However, even with this new field I am not sure how well Xapian would index these as individual multi-word terms.  Advanced search for this field should work as you require.  In 3.4.2 I introduced the Idci MetaField that is basically the same as the Id MetaField but that matches case-insensitively, this is useful for mathcing things like email addresses and usernames, where case does not usually make a functional difference.

I have been thinking how best to implement a keywords fields that is more effective across simple, advanced and faceted search, particularly for multi-word terms.  I have yet to conclude on a solution, as I need to better understand how Xapian indexing works to see if it can be setup to allow EPrints to effectively index multiple-word terms.

Regards

David Newman