[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] enlarging of text field fails?
- Subject: [EP-tech] enlarging of text field fails?
- From: th.lauke at arcor.de (th.lauke at arcor.de)
- Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 23:46:19 +0200
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
CAUTION: This e-mail originated outside the University of Southampton.
> The problem you have is that there are too many VARCHAR columns in the eprint table.
many thanks for your immediate response, although I would expecting this information from an "epadmin update" call ... :)
> ... or to convert VARCHAR columns (particularly any VARCHAR(255)) to LONGTEXT fields.
okay, no problem to manipulate the database in general, but ...
> Both of these require manually running "ALTER TABLE" MySQL commands.
... I am more familiar with the MySQL commands than the database scheme.
Please list in brief
- which tables are typically involved
- which commands do you recommend in which order
> you should also change the field in the EPrints configuration to type => 'longtext'.
for sure, this should be done simultaneously ...!
> Feel free to ask for more details about how to modify the columns for the eprint table in MySQL.
Maybe _we_ should add these instructions to the wiki?!
> However, my first piece of advice is make sure you backup the database before making any changes.
fortunately we have a daily backup and a separate server for tests :)
Thanks in advance