Re: [EP-tech] Word Documents won't download

Hi James,

I see the same behaviour on your repository for the Word document on the URL you provided.  Similarly it works fine on FireFox but has problems on Chrome when you click on the link and don't try to download it another tab.  Oddly, if I try a second time I get a popup asking me if I want to allow downloads of multiple files.  I have tested on a different repository and I see the same issue with both .doc and .docx files.  I suspect there may be issues with all application/... mime type files.  My best guess is this is a new security feature from Chrome.  It may be something that requires tweaking Apache's configuration or possibly even something within EPrints.

I have also tested on Edge and Opera (all browsers running on Windows 10) and I do not have any issues either.  The Chrome version I am running is 87.0.4280.88, this looks to have been released at the beginning of December.   I do not know when my browser upgraded but there are currently no knew updates available for Chrome according to my browser's "About Google Chrome" page.  I will continue to investigate and get back to the list if I find out anything more.

Regards

David Newman