Re: [EP-tech] Experimental integration with MS Azure Cognitive Services

One thing I forgot to mention was that this call is probably better as an event queue task rather than a before commit trigger.  As if you are relying on a third-party application you don't want to be waiting on this before the page can reload.  If you are only send the abstract that is probably going to be fairly rapid.  However, sometimes abstracts can be rather long and I can imagine the service being less responsive at times. So you may wait a while before you get a response back, so you can reload the page.  Obviously the disadvantage of having an event queue task is that you will end up with two revisions rather than one.  However, your code at the moment suggests this service will only be called once, as once there are keywords it cannot be run again.

Just another thought: If you were to change this so keywords could be updated, obviously you would want to check to see the fields that were being sent for keywords analysis had changed and only call this service if they had.  You would also need some code to parse the current and returned keywords to merge them together.