Re: [EP-tech] Ask about IRStats result

Hi Agung Prasetyo,

I ocassionally see this error message.  It is due to a single access record failing to set the time and date the access occurred.  Based on some repositories having tens of millions if not over 100 million access records, the odd failure like this is not uncommon.  I have never got down the bottom of why it happens, as it happens so infrequently*.   However, if you are regenerating your stats from scratch, it may be looking over many years of access records, so it is more likely to find one access record with this issue.  It is not anything to be overly concerned about.  I guess the code could be tidied up to spot this a just log a single warning line that there is an access record without a timestamp.

Regards

David Newman

*My best guess would be some race condition where Perl sends off a system request for the current time and maybe due to load on the server this times out but EPrints writes the access record without the time anyway.