Re: [EP-tech] User-managment . Download-only

;-)

Nice that we talk about it...

Tanks again for the effort

Avi

Am 26.03.2020 um 10:59 schrieb Newman D.R. via Eprints-tech <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>:

HI Avi,

Typically you would use "Minimal User" (minuser) type for this as does
not allow deposit but it would allow you to download "restricted to
repository users" files.  However, there are some other access this
allows the user to have, namely:

$c->{user_roles}->{minuser} = [qw{
        general
        edit-own-record
        saved-searches
        set-password
        lock-username-to-email
}];

You could remove all but "general" I am not exactly sure what else this
allows a user to do but I think it is vanishingly small.

You may need to enable minuser by adding/uncommenting it in the
namedsets/user file.  If you need to do this, you should copy it from
EPRINTS_PATH/lib/namedsets/user to
EPRINTS_PATH/archives/ARCHIVE_NAME/namedsets/user before editing it.

Regards

David Newman