[EP-tech] ORCID support advance plugin -> contributor names

What’s the latest news on importing records from ORCID using the ORCID Support Advance plugin?

I have been testing this, and find that I can export a citation to ORCID, but when I try to import it back, all of the contributor names don’t make it back to the repository.

As a result, the imported items looks like it only has one author, the importing user.

Looking at the code, I think this happens if there is no ORCID associated/stored for each of the contributors in the citation?

I also see this issue: https://github.com/eprints/orcid_support_advance/issues/27

And this pull request: https://github.com/eprints/orcid_support_advance/pull/28

Is there a new EPM that I should be installing that addresses this issue?  If so, why isn’t it in the Bazaar?

The main selling point of ORCID integration is that it is supposed to make a researchers’ life more efficient by allowing them to import/export between ORCID and other systems.

It becomes difficult to use this main selling point, when the citation that is imported from ORCID comes in without any error messages but missing contributor names, thus creating an incorrect citation/import in the repository.

I don’t know, how are other repositories that have ORCID integration dealing with this issue?

Tomasz

Tomasz Neugebauer
Digital Projects & Systems Development Librarian / Bibliothécaire des Projets Numériques & Développement de Systèmes
Library / Bibliothèque
Concordia University / Université Concordia

Tel. / Tél. 514-848-2424 ext. / poste 7738
Email / courriel:
tomasz.neugebauer@concordia.ca

www.concordia.ca/faculty/tomasz-neugebauer.html

Mailing address / adresse postale: 1455 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W., LB-540-03, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1M8
Street address / adresse municipale: 1400 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W., LB-540-03, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1M8

library.concordia.ca