Re: [EP-tech] wcag 2.0 and EPrints

Hi Tomasz,

I have been working towards compliance on our EPrints instance. Aside from one or two niggly issues, we are almost there; however, I would say that many of the problems WAVE detected were less to do with anything native to EPrints and more related to my poor practice when I created the templates, etc. Native issues included the labelling of input forms and the inclusion of alt tags where necessary. I had to make adjustments to plugins too, such as the ORCID plugin, to ensure the iD logo was displayed with an alt tag. But, overall, everything was pretty straightforward.

Unfortunately, there are certain things we cannot make fully WCAG 2.1 accessible and we have documented them here: https://strathprints.strath.ac.uk/help/accessibility.html. (We are now legally required to have an accessibility statement…)

Cheers

George

--

George Macgregor

Scholarly Publications & Research Data | IS Information Management

University of Strathclyde

Tel: 0141 548 3496 | Web: https://purl.org/g3om4c  | Twitter: @g3om4c

orcid.org/0000-0002-8482-3973
--

Strathclyde Email Footer

--

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC015263