[EP-tech] Pins & EPrints::Apache::Template

Hi All,

I've decided to go back and revisit pins to see how they work. Starting with the "main" pin in my repository default template:

<epc:pin ref="page"/>

According to the EPrints wiki Aprints:Apachec:Template.pm is what I want to look at. Going here I can see a sub:

sub handler {

This subroutine does STUFF to some filename and ends with a call to "prepare_page" which I assume prepares the page.

Excuse me if this is really obvious or naive, but what causes "handler" to be called in the first instance? I've done so many greps and searched everywhere. I've even looked at bin/generate_static to see if that gives any clues. The notes in this module indicate that it's ran on server start-up, but does anybody know when "handler" is called? I want to see how the filenames are passed to handler.

Thanks,
James