[EP-tech] Google Docs API and Perl/EPrints

Hi All,

I am curious to know if any of you have attempted installing:

Net::Google::Spreadsheets::V4

I would be even more curious if you had succeeded! I've been trying to install it on a "spare" server for a few days and I've finally given up this afternoon.

My next question is... Is there anything inherently wrong with using Python for some tasks where Perl makes things difficult?

At the moment I have a button that retrieves data from the EPrints database and saves it to a CSV file. I did want to make it so that Perl sent the data to an existing google docs spreadsheet. Now that appears to not be an option I'm thinking of using Python and the very nice Google API to do the final bit (sending data to the google sheet).

Thanks,
James